Submitted by Sara Mendillo
(July 31, 2023) — The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities on the Swing Bridge between Haddam and East Haddam for the upcoming week of July 31, 2023.
In addition to this week’s current 63-hour closure, which runs until Wednesday at 11:00 a.m., there will be additional overnight bridge closures on August 2, 2023 and August 3, 2023, as follows:
- Wednesday night 8/2 into Thursday morning – 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Thursday night 8/3 into Friday morning – 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. The schedule for bridge openings for tall marine vessels is as follows:
- Monday through Thursday at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m.
- Friday through Sunday at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m.
- Click here to read full details on 63-hour bridge closure schedule.
- You can sign up for TEXT Alerts to receive notifications on bridge closures and re-openings, closure cancellations, and any emergency closures. To Opt-in, text the word SWINGBRIDGE to 888777. (Message and Data rates may apply). In addition to SMS messages, if you would like to receive Swing Bridge open/closed status notices via email or a voice call from Everbridge, please click here to enter the required information. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help, STOP to Opt-out.