Submitted by Patricia Bandzes.
(Feb. 23, 2022) — Horse Feathers is a FREE program offered at Ray of Light Farm, a horse, donkey, and animal rescue facility located at 232 Town Street in East Haddam. It is an animal-assisted learning and wellness program that serves all veterans and first responders. We specialize in helping veterans with post-traumatic stress and we also welcome veterans with physical challenges. The program involves pairing veterans with horses and other animals to facilitate self-awareness and promote healing for those affected by emotional or physical trauma.
Horse Feathers offers a variety of activities, including:
- Grooming, walking, horse turnout and basic animal care activities
- Driving horses/mules in carts
- Cultivating our Veterans Garden
- Helping with maintaining our facilities
- Participating in get-togethers such as picnics, holiday parties, etc.
Next session begins in March. For more information, contact Pat Bandzes at 860-777-5685 or Program Coordinator Jackie Mickiewicz at 860-550-1955. Or email us at: HorseFeathers@RayOfLightFarm.org