Notice from Killingworth.
The Town of Killingworth will hold a special town meeting at Parmelee Farm on Monday, August 9, 7:00 pm to vote on several items:
1) Official acceptance of the final portion of Buell Hill Road.
2) Official acceptance of the final portion of Beaver Dam Road
The town took over portions of Buell Hill Road and Beaver Dam Road after the developer failed to complete the roads within the allowed time. Accepting them is a formality.
3) Close-out of several capital accounts, with unspent funds to go to the fund for future capital projects.
Each year we close out capital accounts with unspent funds in them; the Board of Finance can then use those funds for future capital projects.
4) Approval of a Multi-Year Capital Improvement Plan for FY22-FY31
To qualify for certain state funding, we must have an approved MYCIP in place. This plan is not a commitment to spend; the town will still vote on all projects. The annual capital budget is voted on by the town each spring. Large projects are voted on individually.
5) Confirmation of the Selectmen’s appointment of William Raymond Burley, Brian James Blair, and James Joseph Duffield as Killingworth representatives to the Haddam-Killingworth Recreation Authority.
We are so grateful for their continued service.
At Parmelee Farm, 465 Route 81, park your vehicle in the lot on the north side and walk down to the pavilion. A Parmelee volunteer will drive a golf cart for those who cannot walk. Please maintain social distancing.
The regular meeting of the Board of Selectmen will take place immediately after the Town Meeting.