Submitted by Marie Field
(August 23, 2023) — A Health and Wellness Fair, co-sponsored by the Polish Falcons of America Nest 519 and the Nathaniel B. Field Memorial Foundation, Inc., will be held on September 19, 2023 from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the PFA Grove building, 144 Prout Hill Road in Middletown. This is a FREE event and all are welcome to attend!
A variety of local businesses and organizations will be present to share their services and resources, and live demonstrations will be held. The following is a preliminary list of participating agencies:
- Aruna Chocolates, LLC will discuss their raw, healthy and vegan-friendly chocolate creations;
- Autumn Sage, LLC, who practices reiki, chakra, clearing and balance will do a demonstration;
- Careforth, an agency supporting those caring for a loved one at home they live with 65 or older;
- Connecticut Lifestyle Medicine;
- Connecticut State Library for Accessible Books;
- Eye Song Health – Jenavieve Hawks will talk about herbal remedies and holistic iridology;
- Forest City Chiropractic and Acupuncture;
- Gilead Community Services, Inc.;
- Guided Healing, LLC, which practices reflexology;
- Haddam Volunteer Ambulance Service, Inc.;
- Insurance Plans Connecticut, which sells Medicare insurance;
- Jody Scott Kaplan will discuss motivational speaking;
- JP Holistic Health Coach, PLLC will talk about her expertise in understanding the power of food, herbs and other holistic approaches that can improve one’s health;
- LevelUp Trapeze with Iliana;
- Middlesex Health Cancer Center will do a breast health presentation;
- Middlesex YMCA;
- Middletown Health Department;
- Middletown South Fire District will do a cooking fire demonstration along with basic CPR skills;
- Nathaniel B. Field Memorial Foundation, Inc.;
- Nutmeg Pharmacy Higganum will be doing a free flu clinic;
- Pawsitive Therapy, LLC will be bringing therapy dogs to greet people at the front door;
- Starr Mill Yoga will give a presentation;
- The Red Barn;
- Wadsworth Glen Health Care and Rehabilitation Center.
Chef Sil’s Vegan Kitchen will be present to sell healthy snacks and meals. Please stop by on September 19th!
The mission of the Nathaniel B. Field Memorial Foundation, Inc. is to prevent suicide through public awareness and education, to reduce the stigma of mental illness, and to provide hope and support.