Due to the Governor canceling groups of 250 or more, and the CDC’s recommendations to cancel groups/meetings of 50 or more, many local churches/temples have changed the way their providing for their parishioners. We will update as necessary.
Changes for the following churches/synagogues have been provided:
- Congregation Beth Shalom Rodfe Zedek (CBSRZ), 55 East Kings Highway, Chester
- Congregational Church of Killingworth, 273 Route 81, Killingworth
- Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 50 Emanuel Church Road, Killingworth
- First Congregational Church of Haddam, 905 Saybrook Road, Haddam
- Haddam Neck Congregational Church, 408 Quarry Hill Road, Haddam Neck
- Haddam Neck Covenant Church, 17 Haddam Neck Road, East Hampton
- Higganum Congregational Church, 23 Parsonage Road, Higganum
- Higganum United Methodist Church, 248 Saybrook Road, Higganum
- St. James Episcopal Church, 498 Killingworth Road, Higganum
- St. Lawrence Catholic Church, 7 Hemlock Drive, Killingworth
- St. Peter’s Catholic Church, St. Peter Lane, Higganum
- Valley Bible Evangelical Free Church, 220 Turkey Hill Road, Haddam
Congregation Beth Shalom Rodfe Zedek has cancelled the Passover seder scheduled for April 9, 2020. We will be live streaming services every Friday evening at 7:30 p.m.
St. James Church, Higganum and Emmanuel Church, Killingworth have suspended all services until further notice. Emmanuel Church will try live streaming here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/237145316318688/
Haddam Neck Congregational Church is still open for services at this time.
Killingworth Congregational Church has decided to close their Sanctuary until further notice. There WILL be Sunday Worship services via conference call at 10:00 a.m. Conference call information: Dial-in number (712) 832-8330. Dial the number and follow the prompts. Access code: 8926782 followed by the # key. As a reminder, the Lenten Dinners are cancelled and 7:00 p.m. Devotional Service will be by conference call. The same numbers and procedures listed above will be used. In your absence, giving is easy! Please visit the church website to make your online offering or pledge.
Haddam Neck Covenant Church has so far cancelled church services for March 22 and March 29, 2020.
Higganum United Methodist Church: We have decided to close our church at this time. There will be no gathering for worship service from this Sunday, March 15, 2020 all committee meetings, and events including the outside groups that are using our facility. We will reopen our church as soon as the situation becomes better and safer.
Valley Bible Evangelical Free Church is suspending in person services for at least March 29, 2020. The services will be available online via Facebook.