Submitted by Sara Mendillo
(September 17, 2023) — The Connecticut Department of Transportation has issued the follow traffic advisory for road closures of Route 82 over the Connecticut River at the Haddam/East Haddam Swing Bridge:63-Hour Bridge Closure: Full bridge closure to vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians will begin Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 8:00 p.m., and the bridge will reopen on Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Overnight Bridge Closures: In addition to the 63-hour bridge closure occurring this week, the contractor also will be performing overnight bridge closures as follows:
- Wednesday night (9/20) into Thursday morning (9/21) – 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Thursday night (9/21) into Friday morning (9/22) – 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- We are now sending Text Alerts for bridge closures and re-openings, closure cancellations, and any emergency closures. To opt in, text the word SWINGBRIDGE to 888777. (Message and Data rates may apply). In addition to receiving SMS messages, if you would like to receive Swing Bridge open/closed status notices via email or a voice call from Everbridge, please click here to enter the required information. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help, STOP to opt out.
- Marine Advisory
- As a reminder, there will be no bridge openings for boat traffic next Monday, September 25, 2023 and Tuesday, September 26, 2023. The revised bridge opening schedule for the days leading up to and following the 25th and 26th will be as follows:
- Friday, September 22, 2023 through Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m.
Beginning Thursday, September 28, 2023 openings will revert to the previous schedule.