By Connecticut Department of Transportation.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is working to inform residents of current and upcoming construction activities through announcements such as this, as well as the project website.
For more information, visit https://easthaddamswingbridgeproject.com/
Swing Bridge Project Weekly Update: Construction Activities – Week of November 21, 2022
The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
- Crews will be constructing a retaining wall along the southside of Route 82.
- Crews will be installing roadway stormwater drainage system along the southside of Route 82.
- No anticipated roadway work this week.
Crews will be installing temporary work platforms under the Swing Span.
- Crews will continue with repair work of the swing span mechanical system to return full functionality to swing operations.
Single lane closures on Route 82 will be occurring each day between 9am-3pm within the project limits, traffic flaggers will coordinate the alternating traffic sequence.
- All lanes will be reopened and operational during peak traffic hours.
Effective November 11, 2022, any trucks that exceed 16 tons are restricted from using the East Haddam Swing Bridge, until further notice. Routine enforcement has been scheduled with the Connecticut State Police and Department of Motor Vehicles.
***Effective December 1, 2022 the swing span will no longer open to marine traffic, openings will resume on April 1, 2023.***
- Weekend work is not anticipated.
- Road signage will alert drivers to lane closures in the construction area. Please pay attention to road signage, slow down, and stay safe!
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
- Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.