By Connecticut Department of Transportation
Swing Bridge Project Weekly Update: Construction Activities – Week of December 5, 2022
The Connecticut Department of Transportation advises the following construction activities for the upcoming week:
- Crews will be constructing a retaining wall along the south side of Route 82.
No anticipated roadway work this week.
Crews will be installing temporary work platforms under the bridge.
Crews will be setting up containment followed by surface prep and priming on Span 2.
Crews will continue with repair work of the swing span mechanical system to return full functionality to swing operations.
- No anticipated night work this week.
- Single lane closures on Route 82 will be occurring each day between 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. within the project limits, traffic flaggers will coordinate the alternating traffic sequence.
- All lanes will be reopened and operational during peak traffic hours.
Effective November 11, 2022, any trucks that exceed 16 tons are restricted from using the East Haddam Swing Bridge, until further notice. Routine enforcement has been scheduled with the Connecticut State Police and Department of Motor Vehicles.
The swing span is no longer opening to accommodate marine traffic passage; scheduled openings will resume on February 1, 2023.
- Weekend work is not anticipated.
- Road signage will alert drivers to lane closures in the construction area. Please pay attention to road signage, slow down, and stay safe!
- Access to local businesses and residents within the work zones will be maintained.
- Unforeseen circumstances have the potential to impact all scheduled construction activities.
If you have any questions related to construction, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org