Courtesy of cookingprofessionally.com
Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Juicy, flavorful, and slow-cooked to perfection…need we say more? This amazing Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork recipe is slathered in savory barbeque sauce and tasty garlic, with a spicy chili powder for the perfect kick!
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 4-pound pork shoulder roast
• 1 cup barbecue sauce
• 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 extra-large onion, chopped
• 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 8 hamburger buns, split
• 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
To begin, pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Set the pork roast into the slow cooker.
Then pour in the barbecue sauce, chicken broth, and apple cider vinegar. Mix in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, onion, chili powder, garlic, and thyme.
Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until the roast is easily shreddable with a fork.
Remove the roast from the slow cooker, then shred the meat using two forks.
Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
Slather the inside of both halves of the hamburger buns with butter. In a skillet over medium heat, toast the buns, butter side down, until they are golden brown.
Spoon the pork into the toasted buns, then serve.
Photo courtesy of cookingprofessionally.com.