Submitted by Catherine Iino, First Selectwoman, Killingworth
- The Transfer Station will be closed on Thursday, December 17, because of the storm. It will also be closed on Thursday, December 24. It will be open Tuesdays, December 15 and 22, and Saturdays, December 19 and 26.
- Bethke Road should be open for through traffic by the end of the year. Guard rail will be installed starting the week of December 21.
No daytime parking on roads on Wednesday, December 16 and Thursday, December 17, to allow plows to clear the snow.
We are expecting very challenging conditions for our plows tonight and tomorrow morning. Please:
1) No parking on roads. And please don’t park your car right at the edge of your driveway.
2) Do not push snow into the road or across the road to the opposite shoulder. Plows need a place to push the snow.
3) If you see a downed wire, call 911 or call Eversource at 800-286-2000.
4) Make sure that any furnace or heater vents are clear of snow, to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
Remember, the Transfer Station will be closed tomorrow, December 17.
Travel tonight will be dangerous. Stay home if you can!
Town of Killingworth
323 Route 81
Killingworth, Connecticut 06419
860-663-1765, ext. 501