By Mercedes Ricciuti, Municipal Agent, Killingworth.
The Renter’s Rebate Program is for income-qualified Connecticut renters over 65 or disabled and begins April 1, 2022. Residents of Beechwood Mobile Home Park have the option to choose between the Renter’s Rebate or the Homeowner’s Property Tax Relief but not both. Connecticut residency of one year is required.
The amount of the rebate is based on gross income: $41,400 for married people or $38.100 for single people, as well as rent and utility payments for each month of 2021.
Required 2021 documents:
- Social Security 1099 with gross amount of income, disability statement or Income tax. All other sources of income including pension.
- A one-page summary of payments by applicant:
- Rent payments letter from landlord: Beechwood 860 853-6001
- Electric payments: Eversource 800 286 2828
- Fuel payments: Call fuel company (Quality Propane 860-669-4277)
- Water payments: 800-286-5700
Please put in Drop Box by Town Hall Main Door. You will be called to come sign the application. For a Renter’s Rebate Checklist or any questions, call Mercedes 860 663 1765 x217.