Submitted by Tammy Eustice.
Tween & Teen Summer Book Discussions at the Killingworth Library
Tweens (ages 9-12) and teens (ages 13-18) are invited to join us at the library for a series of book discussions this summer. Each discussion will be led by library volunteer Nikki Ritchie, extra copies will be available for checkout at the circulation desk, and yes… there will be pizza!
The series starts with the graphic novel for tweens: The Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks, discussion on Wednesday, June 23rd at 6:00pm. The teens will meet the following Wednesday, June 30th, at 6:00pm to discuss Endangered by Eliot Schrefer.
Future titles (dates to be set) include: El Deafo by Cece Bell in July and New Kid by Jerry Craft in August (for tweens) and The Raft by S.A. Bodeen in July and Illegal by Eoin Colfer and Andrew Donkin in August (for teens).
Space is limited, so please register in advance through the calendar on the library’s website. Links will also be posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Teen Craft Programs at Killingworth Library
Lauren Burchsted of My Favorite Things Farm is offering two craft programs for teens ages 12-17 this summer, at the Killingworth Library:
Make Your Own Dreamcatcher on Wednesday, July 14th from 6:00pm-7:30pm
Learn How to Spin on a Drop Spindle on Wednesday, August 11th from 6:00pm-7:30pm
Supplies will be provided, but space is limited. Please register in advance through the calendar on the library’s website. Links will also be posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Killingworth Library Summer Fun Raffle
Announcing Killingworth Library’s Summer Fun Raffle! Don’t miss your chance to win one of four fabulous prizes:
- A couple’s escape to Chatfield Hollow Inn
- An overnight family stay in Mystic
- A cruise on the Connecticut River followed by dinner
- “We Love Killingworth!” bundle of gift certificates to local businesses: Running Brook Nursery, LaForesta Restaurant, DaVinci Pizza, Killingworth Pharmacy, Copper Skillet, Andie’s Cookies, Barrelhouse, Lavender Pond Farm, Cooking Company, True Value, and Rustic Barn.
Each package has a minimum value of $500.
Tickets are on sale at the library, or you can enter online through RallyUp: https://go.rallyup.com/klasummerfunraffle/Campaign
1 Ticket = $10
3 Tickets = $25*
10 Tickets = $75*
*Discounted tickets must all be for the same prize
Ticket sales end on June 28th, so don’t miss out on your chance to win – and to help the library!
Winners of the HKHS Art Show & Silent Auction at Killingworth Library
The Killingworth Library is pleased to announce the winners of our first HKHS Art Show & Silent Auction!
- Freshman Aubrey Tucker won the Best in Show prize, for her white charcoal portrait of singer Kurt Cobain. Members of the Killingworth Lions Club chose the work as the winning piece.
- Senior Kimball Grier won the drawing for a $500 scholarship. Kimball will be attending the University of New Hampshire in the fall.
The library extends many thanks to the student artists; HK Arts Instructors Jason Cannan, Betsy Himmelman, and Megan Martin; the Killingworth Lions Club; and everyone who admired and purchased pieces from the show. We look forward to future collaborations!