Submitted by Jessica Condil, Haddam Dept. of Senior & Social Services/Municipal Agent for the Elderly.
Renters Rebate Tax Relief Program: Application Period April 1 – October 1, 2022 information for residents of Haddam, Higganum, and Haddam Neck.
Haddam Senior & Social Services/ Municipal Agent for the Elderly, Jessica Condil, would like to inform eligible residents to please contact Social Services to schedule your appointment for Renters Rebate. Appointments can be made for Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays between 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Eligibility requirements are as followed: 65 years of age or older, 100% disabled, or age 18 or older (by 12/31/2021)
2021 GROSS income (Including Social Security benefits) must not have exceeded $46,400.00, for married couples, or $38,100 for a single individual. 100% disabled Veterans single income applicant is $18,000, and married $21,000.
Required Documents: Calendar year 2021:
- Social Security Income (form SSA 1099)
- Copy of 2021 Federal Income Tax Return, if filed OR 1099 forms for pension, dividends, interest, stocks, & bonds, etc.
- W-2’s from employment
- Veterans Disability or Railroad Retirement
- 100% Disabled: Benefits Verification form from Social Security showing date disability began & proof of SSI benefit, along with other forms listed above, if applicable.
- Required Expense Documentation: Rent receipts for 2021 (all 12 months) and Utility bills you paid January through December 2021 (heat, gas, electric).
No telephone, cable, or medical bills.
Please call Jessica Condil, 860-345-4621, Town of Haddam, Department of Senior Social Services to schedule your appointment.