Submitted by Marjorie DeBold and JoAnn Woickleman
(August 16, 2022) — September is right around the corner, and it’s time for Haddam Club 60 members to be reminded about plans for the upcoming year. It’s also a good time to introduce prospective members to a well-established club right in their neighborhood. Haddam Club 60 has been around for a long time. and in a recent count had about seventy members last year. Club members get together in the early afternoons twice a month. During the 2022-2023 year we anticipate a Holiday Party, a Town-wide Picnic for Seniors, a possible HC60-sponsored trip, information that is important to Seniors, and lots of good companionship.
We try to foster greater friendships among those of us who are sixty years of age and older. We bring senior-pertinent information to our group. Haddam Club 60 members enjoy and appreciate programs that entertain as well as those that inform us. Club 60 also works with other local agencies that share our goals.
A few important notes:
- Membership is open to Seniors, sixty years of age and older. (Associate Membership is available to spouses who are younger.)
- Members must live in Haddam or one of the surrounding towns of Middlesex County, including Killingworth.
- Annual dues are $8.00.
- We meet at the Community Center in Higganum Center (across from the Town Green), near the Veterans Museum.
- Meetings are held on the first and third Mondays of the month at 1:00 p.m. (If there is a holiday on a regular meeting date, the meeting will be postponed one week. If a snow day closes the schools on a meeting day, our meeting is cancelled.)
- Refreshments will be enjoyed at most meetings.
An important date to remember, as we look at what’s going on: Monday, September 12 at 1:00 pm at the Community Center in Higganum. That will be our first meeting of the 2022-2023 year, a Business Meeting/Meet and Greet. Mark your calendars now for that date and the next three Mondays:
September 19, 2022 Speaker: First Selectman Bob McGarry
October 3, 2022: Business Meeting
October 17, 2022 Speaker: Vicki Harlow, local author.
We look forward to seeing friends and members from last year! We look forward to welcoming new members! Please join us! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the President of Haddam Club 60, Mary Pierce, at 860-685-1783.