Creamy White Chili
Courtesy of cookingprofessionally.com
Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 7 servings
Need a warm and savory meal on a chilly day? Then try this delicious Creamy White Chili recipe! With its tender chicken, flavorful spices, plus fun toppings—this amazing dish will warm you right up!
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
• 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• optional toppings: tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced seeded jalapeño pepper, green onions
To begin, in a large saucepan, sauté the chicken, garlic powder, and onion in oil until the chicken is no longer pink.
Add in the broth, beans, chiles, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
Remove from the heat and stir in the heavy cream and sour cream.
Top with cheese, tortilla chips, jalapeños, and green onions before serving, if desired.