Submitted by 9 Town Transit
(June 22, 2022) — July 1, 2022 marks the official first day of the merger between 9 Town Transit (9TT) and Middletown Area Transit (MAT). While the districts will become one on this day, there will be some immediate changes, but many more that will be phased in over time.
First and foremost, you will receive the same friendly, timely and safe service you’ve come to expect. All routes, stops and schedules will remain the same on July 1. Meanwhile, we will continue to work on implementing the service improvements suggested by our bus study, which will include the results of public information and comment sessions now being held.
The 9TT and MAT names, logos and bus designs will remain for now. We are working with a marketing firm to create one new name, logo and design to be revealed this fall. In the meantime, you may occasionally see a blue/green 9TT bus on a Middletown route or a multi-colored MAT bus on a 9TT route.
You can continue to use the PassioGO! or MATBusTracker apps to get real-time bus route information. We will have one app with enhanced features by late fall.
Dial-A-Ride and ADA paratransit services will have more exciting changes beginning July 1 which include:
- Expanded 16 town Dial-A-Ride service area
- Subscription service for recurring trips for work, school and medical appointments
- Earlier trip booking
- Ecolane mobile app for trip booking, real-time location information and payment
- Senior fare program for seniors 60 and over on Dial-A-Ride
- Improved trip availability
- Half priced taxi vouchers for trips outside of area and/or Dial-A-Ride hours
Exciting changes yet to come for the new combined district include:
- Improvements to bus routes and schedules
- Coordinated transfers between routes
- New XtraMile service areas
- Coordinated fares and tickets
- A one-call customer service line
- One new name, logo and look
- A brand new website is under development.
To contact us you may continue to call 860-346-0212 for MAT or 860-510-0429 for 9TT services. Until then, please visit www.estuarytransit.org.
Free Fares Extended
Free fares have been extended through November 30, 2022. This includes 9 Town Transit and Middletown Area Transit fixed routes, XtraMile, Dial-A-Ride, ADA Paratransit and deviated-fixed routes.
Never used public transit before? Now’s a great time to give it a try! Need help with trip planning? CTRides.com can help develop a custom commute plan, use our online trip planner or give us a call at 860-510-0429 (shoreline) or 860-346-0212 (Middletown).