Submitted by Lee Kozlowski.
The RSD17 Integrated Special Needs Preschool Program is seeking three and four year old children for the 2021-2022 school year. This program consists of typically developing peers and identified special education students in a language-rich, structured environment focused on center-based learning.
Requirements for preschool peer students:
- Haddam, Higganum, Haddam Neck or Killingworth resident
- must be at least three years old by September 1, 2021
- demonstrate age-appropriate social, behavioral and cognitive skills
- toilet trained by the time school starts
- demonstrate the ability to model appropriate skills in the areas of play, social interactions and adaptive behaviors
Parent participation and involvement are important components of the program. If chosen as a peer student, you must:
- provide a recent physical and current immunizations per Early Childhood Health Assessment Record (provided in your registration packet)
- complete and return the registration packet
- be on time daily and have consistent attendance
- provide transportation to and from the program
- adhere to the tuition payment schedule
If you believe your child meets the above criteria and you would like them to participate in the Integrated Special Needs Preschool Program, please call Killingworth Elementary School and 860-663-1121 and provide the following information. You can also email this information to Lee Kozlowski at email@example.com.
- child’s name
- date of birth
- home address
- home phone number
- parent or guardian’s name
- email address